Monday 18 July 2016

Week 13: Bargaining

Prologue
viva....why you do this to us.....

Chapter 1: The Night Before
Surprise surprise, I stayed up all night again. But i didn't need to as I only stayed up to compile all the storyboards onto the slides. My OCD got the better of me trying to make the storyboards as neat and uniformed as possible. Hence, no sleep for me. But it was my own fault.

Chapter 2: The Morning Of
Charmaine and I were coming to school at 7.45am to combine our exterior meshes and render some still frames of the environment. Charmaine worries that we were not going to finish in time but I was calm. When you don't get the right amount of sleep, everything seems alright. But we managed to add the renders to the slides just in time. It looked decent.

Chapter 3: Viva
I was the first one to enter the Dailies room. Karen and Phil were already there. I call Charmaine to come to the Dailies room. She arrives. We prepare the slides trying to buy time for Roxann and Alvin. When they don't show up, Karen asks us to start without them. 1 minute into it, Roxann enters the room. Then it's time to show the animatic. It is with Alvin. So we show the most current one we have which has all the current changes. The Animatic ends. Roxann presents our story's characters. Alvin walks in. Needless to say, we were screwed from the start.

Chapter 4: Aftermath
At around 5.30pm, I was sitting at the lift area with Megan and Zhi Fang. Karen and Phil walked out of the A3DA doors and told us that they were pleased at the progress of all the groups. I thought they were trolling us. And then I went home. 

Epilogue
Overall, I felt that we had done a lot. Even though we had quite some more to do for the Final Viva. I am happy at where the story is at. We used to always question the story but now we hardly even think about or want to change it. Now we can focus on colour scripts and the feel and look of the story.

Acknowledgements

To the production manager, Roxann, who leads us fearlessly through this project and puts in a lot of time and effort to achieve great quality.

To the art director, Alvin, who does most of work and produces work with quality that none of us can ever achieve. 

To the 3D Supervisor Charmaine, who does a ton of quality work in a short time and still manages to have a respectable social life.


This will be my first and only 'story book' post that i write.
Good day to you

No comments:

Post a Comment